Twitter

Saturday 16 April 2011

THE FEEDING OF THE 5000

Follow joyjack on Twitter

So I spoke about the feeding of the 5000 with a friend of mine yesterday. Woke up this morning and thought to see all accounts of the POPULAR Miracle/Story from Mathew TO John which turned out to be all same. (I wonder if there was anything like plagiarism or copyrights then LOL)
Oh well, But my highlight this morning is in John 6:9"Here is a boy with five small barley loaves and two small fish,"
Wondering why?????
LOL This Young/little Boy/Dude/Lad whatever you choose to call him became a part of history and a great miracle for scriptures to be fulfilled by just one act of Kindness, Love, humility, giving, care.
Now thats just part of it.
My Main reason for this blog today is 2 things to bring to my attention and anyone reading along.

1. Love/Charity: A lot of us today donate money to charity without even the slight thought of the fact that it means Love(No judging anyone, Keep donating and giving, God loves a cheerful giver) The little boy had love for the people, Do you ever wonder if he ever had faith or imagined such miracle? I mean if the disciples (who walked with Jesus everyday)didn't think the 5loaves and 2fish will feed everyone why will the little dude?
Seriously even after an account like this, not many people will see and understand the significance. I will try not to push this further into giving so i don't derail from my main point but will leave you with one question and same question i ask myself NO ANSWER REQUIRED.
If you were found in such situation with 5Loaves and 2Fish Will you Love enough to surrender the meal even when you don't know it'll feed everyone?? (Ponder)

2. SELFLESSNESS: As we look at this account, I see a great deal of selflessness in this little dude.
A. We are today sometimes caught up with too much about ourselves.(Its good to take care of yourself) What to eat, drink, wear etc This guy didn't even wonder if he needed to eat. REALLY? SERIOUSLY? (If i were him i will eat first) But No he was selfless.
B. Following the recorded accounts on this from Matthew 14:13–21, Mark 6:31-44, Luke 9:10-17 and John 6:5-15. We see that only John had a record that the 5loaves and 2fish was provided by a little boy(i'm sure a lot of us would have wondered today how they got the 5loaves and 2fish.) Thanks to John for the Info. But my point is this dude did not require any sort of recognition, he didn't seek for it in fact please correct me if i say only a fraction of one verse in John had the account. I'll like to call it John 6 vs 9a. His name was never mentioned, nor his family, occupation, age. Nothing and he wasn't bothered. REALLY??? I'm sure he was honored, Satisfied and happy just to do the service.
I want you to have a mental picture of what happened.
So this little Dude gave up his Lunch of 5loaves and 2Fish without knowing what will happen and then BOOM!! MIRACLE!! his LUNCH multiplies into Lots of LUNCH for others.If you ask me i don't think that guys life remained the same, even if i don't know. But what i do know and see Here is Humility, Selflessness and Love.
NOW that is my highlight today.


if you require any further detail, please leave a comment in the comment box. I'll do my best to get back to you.

JOY JACK

3 comments:

  1. Motivating.Lord Help me..
    Thanks for post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought of this...I wonder what i'll do if i were the boy lol @ line 6
    :) God bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. very interesting and thoughtful J.J.. we need Love in this world..God is Love..Love u still

    ReplyDelete